- Samatha Retreat Schedule
- Two photos of Venerable Pa Auk Sayadaw
- Two photos of Ven. Pa Auk Sayadaw, Tina Rasmussen and Stephen Snyder
- One photo each of Tina Rasmussen and Stephen Snyder
- Talk 1 video—Day 1 Evening: Retreat Overview and Precepts (Video Intro)
- Talk 2 video—Day 1 Evening: Refuges and Precepts
- Talk 3 audio—Day 2 Morning: Practice Introduction and Meditation Instruction
- Talk 4 audio—Day 2 Evening: Practice Overview What is Concentration; Practice Chart
- Talk 5 audio—Day 3 Evening: Actions That Support Practice; Working with Hindrances; Jhana Factors
- Talk 6 audio—Day 4 Evening: Skillful Proactive / Receptive Effort; Differences between Samatha and Vipassana; Purification of Mind Overview
- Talk 7 audio—Day 5 Evening: Nimitta; First Sit to First Jhana; Striving and Spiritual Materialism; Surrender
- Talk 8 audio—Day 6 Evening: Working with Phenomena, Raising our Vibration
- Talk 9 video—Day 7 Morning: Mid-point of Retreat Check-in
- Talk 10 audio—Day 7 Evening: Stabilizing and Deepening the Practice—The 5 Spiritual Faculties
- Talk 11 audio—Day 8 Evening: Loving the Truth (Becoming a Spiritual Warrior of the Heart)
- Talk 12 audio—Day 10 Evening: Enso Circle and the Mystery
- Talk 13 audio—Day 12 Evening: Cultivating a Deep Householder Practice
- Talk 14 audio—Day 13 Morning—Decompression Day talk
- Talk 15 audio—Day 13 Evening: Tribute to Ven. Pa Auk Sayadaw
- Talk 16 video—Day 14 Morning: Retreat Closing; Dedication of Merit
- Chant Sheet
- Chanting Homage to the Buddha Refuges Precepts
- Posture Instructions Audio
- Meditation Instructions Audio
- Practice Chart (accompanies Talk 3)
- First Sit to First Jhana Chart (accompanies Talk 6)
All sessions are by Skype, Zoom or phone. Self-retreat guidance is for retreats of no more than two weeks in length, as we don’t support self-retreats of longer than two weeks, as we feel that people need in-person guidance for that depth of practice.
For packages that include sessions, once you have purchased your package, please send an email to info@AwakeningDharma.com with some possible dates for your retreat. You will receive an email back within 1 week with possibilities times that works for the teacher(s) for your sessions, depending on our availability. If you have a preference to work with Tina or Stephen, or alternate between them, please state that in your email.
$295.00Samatha Meditation — Purification of Mind RetreatBasic Package: Includes all of the self-retreat materials for you to use on your own.
$415.00Samatha Meditation — Purification of Mind RetreatBookends Package: Includes all of the self-retreat materials above, plus one 30-minute session at the beginning of your retreat, and one 30-minute session at the end of your retreat.
$525.00Samatha Meditation — Purification of Mind RetreatIntermediate Package: Includes all of the self-retreat materials above, plus one 1-hour session at the beginning of your retreat, and one 1-hour session at the end of your retreat.
$645.00Samatha Meditation — Purification of Mind RetreatDeluxe Package: Includes all of the self-retreat materials above, plus one 1-hour session prior to your retreat, two 30-minute sessions during your retreat, and one 1-hour session at the end of your retreat.
“I've deepened my practice more than ever, due to the clarity of the teaching.”
“I have seen more changes in myself from two years of concentration practice than in the previous 20 years of various meditation practices.”
“My faith in Buddhism has been deepened to a degree previously unimaginable, but is tempered by a profound sobriety of mind and wisdom. Every word of the dharma talks penetrated the core of my being and accellerated my practice.”
“Tina and Stephen, your dedication to the dharma is so inspiring to me. You've given me the courage to embrace my true path in life. Your efforts and example have given me a clarity that is truly miraculous. Thank you for all your hard work.”
“If I was to describe this to a friend, I would call it 'Jedi mind training!'”
“It will rock your world!”
“I feel more confident in my approach to the Anapanasati / samatha practice, and how to navigate the varied terrain as well.”“I feel more confident in my approach to the Anapanasati / samatha practice, and how to navigate the varied terrain as well.”